[TriLUG] Thunderbird 1.0

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 8 19:42:18 EST 2004

I am trying out Thunderbird 1.0 (e-mail client from the Mozilla folks)
for the first time.   In a word: wow.  Wow to the point I almost used a
word that might offend some people to describe how good this software is
at first glance.  Adaptive e-mail Spam filters, nice user interface,
etc, etc.. if testing finds this software half as good as what it
appears on first use I am going to migrate all my clients to this
platform after the new year.

And once I get them migrated to Thunderbird and Firefox I am halfway to
migrating them to Linux or Mac since they will already be used to the
Web and e-mail interfaces.....

Thunderbird and Firefox are two reasons that OSS is so, so good.

Greg