[TriLUG] Thunderbird 1.0

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Dec 8 21:41:56 EST 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 21:18, David Rasch wrote:
> johnm wrote:
> > > Greg Brown wrote:
> >>
> >> ... I am going to migrate all my clients to this platform after
> >> the new year.
> >
> >   I have just moved from ThunderBird on Windows98se to ThunderBird
> > on Ubuntu Linux. My only complaint is that while there is a way to
> > move the Address Book (export it), it appears that there is no way
> > to move all my old Tb/win emails to Linux.
> >   Other than that, I love the thing.
>
> The university email migration method: IMAP!
>
> Setup an IMAP mailbox and move your messages through an IMAP server
> to your new client.
>
> Good luck,
> David

when you do that you may lose the dates on everything.  at least i did
when i installed a new server at a client site recently and migrated
everything from UW (mbox) to courier (maildir) via imap (using kmail as
the MUA).  i ended up using the mb2md script to do the job, which
worked much better.

jason