[TriLUG] Re: Thunderbird 1.0

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Wed Dec 8 23:28:37 EST 2004

David A. Cafaro wrote:
> When I say subfolders those are any folders under the root INBOX
> folder.  Courier IMAP places the entire folder tree as subfolders of
> INBOX.  Depending on email client and how it deals with IMAP namespace
> these subfolders appear either on the same level as INBOX or a Level
> under INBOX.  So far with version .9 of thunderbird (as well as
> evolution 1.4.6) with a courier imap server these folders always appear
> under the IMAP level (as subfolders) regardless of namespace value I've
> tried.
>
> So, on Thunderbird it fails to see the contents of these subfolders or
> to write to these subfolders (so on send, you get an error about the
> sent folder being unavailable or a disconnection error to save your sent
> copy).  On evolution it has no problem seeing or writing to these
> subfolders.

I just upgraded to 1.0 (literally 3 minutes ago) and am seeing all of my
subfolders just fine.  I, too, am running Courier IMAP.  You might check
the Edit->Account Settings->Server Settings->Advanced dialogue and make
sure the 'Server supports folders that contain sub-folders and messages'
option is checked.

--[Lance]

--
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/