[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Tis the season: December TriLUG events!

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:10:05 EST 2004

Hear ye, hear ye!  As we come to the close of another arbitrary calendar
year[1], the weather grows colder, the shoppers more vulgar and the
cupboards a little more bare.  We hope that you'll take time out of your
busy holiday schedule to spend some quality time with your fellow
TriLUGgers.  "[We] don't know half of you half as well as [we] should
like, and [we] like less than half of you half as well as you
deserve."[2]  Let's rectify this situation.

Due to a last minute cancellation, there will be no speaker this month.
However, in the spirit of the season this will be a purely social
occasion, a chance to meet and mingle and put faces to names.  In
addition to eating, drinking and merry making, those with laptops may
participate in the *open* bzflag arena[3].  Other games may be available
if there is sufficient interest.  Please note that alcohol is not
permitted in Dreyfus, but if anyone would like to bring a little
holiday cheer (cookies?  eggnog?  little gingerbread tuxes?) that would
be welcome and appreciated by all.  The pizza and soda will be provided
as usual.

Also remember, in this time of giving, give to your favorite charity,
namely TriLUG.  This is the last time to get that tax deduction for
2004.

One further announcement, our January meeting will be held at Red Hat
Headquarters instead of Dreyfus.  Please make a note of this, time and
day will be the same and we'll post directions to the list and the home
page shortly.

[1] The date 1 Jan was selected as the beginning of the new year at the
introduction of the Gregorian calendar.
[2] Bilbo Baggins (duh)
[3] No cover is sufficient to hide from Daleth.