[TriLUG] OT: Rack Needed

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 12:24:15 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 16:09, Tommy Williams wrote:
> I'm also looking for used rack equipment, though in my case I am
> looking for 4u chassis for some machines that I currently have. If you
> find anybody in the area that does deal in used equipment I would love
> to know about it too.
>
> I was speaking to a Ron Joffe (rjoffe at yahoo) who is a trilug member
> and stepped up when I announced that I was looking for 4u chassis. He
> also said that he had a 19" rack, though he did not indicate how large
> it was.
>
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:21:33 -0500, Jim Wright <JWright at netcentrics.com>
wrote:
> > Anybody have a 19" rack...42U or so, that they are wanting to part with?
> >
> > Anybody know who in the triangle might deal in such used equipment?
> > --

I actually have a 3 19" full hight (42U) racks, They are on rollers and have
front doors with smoked lexan. The only real gotcha is that they are only 30"
deep. This is really a pain with some of the newer 1U and 2U servers which
are almost 30" themselves (leaves no room for cables). Other then that they
are great racks. If anyone is interested, just drop me a note.

Ron