[TriLUG] wireless email client

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Dec 13 14:22:01 EST 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

>Jason,
>
>You mention Squirrelmail already, so this might not be an option for you,
>but you might want to take a look at mimp
>
>http://www.horde.org/mimp/
>
>>From their web page:
>
>"MIMP is a project to create a version of IMP suitable for
>mobile devices such as WAP phones or PDAs. Basic
>functionality is now all implemented, including mailbox
>viewing and paging, viewing messages, deleting, replying,
>forwarding, and composing new messages."
>
>This might be just what you're looking for...
>
>Cheers,
>Tanner

Actually, IMP works really well in mobile devices even in the full-blown
version.  I've done a few mods to an installation of IMP that (when
detecting a mobile-type browser) trims a few columns from the folder
display, and looses a few menu bars.  If you'd like to give it a try,
let me know.

Aaron S. Joyner