[TriLUG] Greylisting (Re: posting)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:55:16 EST 2004

This is a consideration for individual mail reception. In fact Yahoo
was one of the major reasons I set up my own mail server because my
isp uses realtime blackhole lists which temporarily block the yahoo
servers and sends a hard bounce, which in turn caused Yahoo to suspend
my group memberships.  The try later response outlined in the greylist
web page which Tanner referenced would probably not cause Yahoo! to do
that.

The other problem I had was certain mailing lists which were also
blocked via this mechanism. I'd try to sign up and never get the
confirmation e-mail.  This seemed to happen a log on sourceforge
mailing lists.

Of course, I don't suppose that we would really want to subscribe the
Trilug mailing list to any Yahoo! groups, or other mailing lists would
we?

On the other hand, as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof would say, I
haven't seen very much if any spam relayed through the Trilug mailing
list, have I been missing something?