[TriLUG] RE:gps software

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Fri Dec 17 02:03:31 EST 2004

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I'm having lots of fun trying all
this stuff out, and once I settle down on a few solid apps, I'll report back.

For now, rather than choose between Roadmap and Gpsdrive, I'm using both.
Roadmap is much handier I think for navigating in a strange place especially
if you're lost, since the maps are scalable, and it will announce the
upcoming street.  With Gpsdrive, you have to plan ahead and make sure you
have maps of sufficient detail of where you will travel, but it looks SO much
nicer.  Unfortunately, both programs have some serious bugs and/or design
flaws that limit their useability.

Michael