[TriLUG] PC Hardware book recommendation?

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:58:55 EST 2004

There is a black one called something like 'Upgrading and Repairing
PC's' that was pretty good once.  It has had a lot of releases, last
version I saw was 10 and that was a couple of years ago.  It is by Que
and it is a pretty thick book with lots of info.

Other than that I get my info online from places like
tomshardware.com.  There is just too much too fast for me to get it
out of a book anymore.

HTH
Marc

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:53:13 -0500, Rick DeNatale
<rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a book which covers PC hardware,  both for
> maintaining/upgrading older machines and for building new ones.  I'm a
> software guy and I haven't kept up with the hardware as much as I
> should have.
>
> I know that there are lots of such books, I was wondering if anyone in
> Trilug had any particular favorites or ones to avoid.

*           M    E    R    R    Y

                         *
                        xx
                      xox