[TriLUG] OT - cleaning laptop after coffee spill

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 15:38:48 EST 2004

>On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Brian Henning wrote:
> > Aaron's advice is much better, but I would try using what's left of
> > the cat after I got done killing it.  Nothing soaks up coffee better
> > than a dead cat.

Thanks for all the replies.  The dead cat soaked the coffee right up.

Actually it does appear that it can be saved.  We just used a combination
of water, alcohol, sunlight and a hair dryer and it does boot up. There
are a few sticky keys, so we will work more on the keyboard, and do some
more maintenance cleaning, but otherwise it appears good.  She is
relieved.

P.S.  No cats were harmed in the cleaning of this laptop.

Mike