[TriLUG] using a Linux box as a pass-through filter

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Dec 20 10:19:44 EST 2004

Dan Monjar wrote:

> anyone have pointers to OpenBSD 3.6 ISO's?... I know Theo wants me to
> buy the CD set but but I don't want to wait until January to play with
> this stuff.

Download the floppy36.fs from somewhere like here:
http://openbsd.secsup.org/3.6/i386/floppy36.fs and do a network
install.  No need for anything other than a floppy and a reasonably fast
network connection.  The entire install is only like 300MBs, which at
3Mb/s theoretically takes less than 15 mins.  :)  Multiply or divide
accordingly for the size of your pipe and the speed of the mirror you
choose, but it's still not a very long time.

Aaron S. Joyner