[TriLUG] using a Linux box as a pass-through filter

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Mon Dec 20 13:37:47 EST 2004

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> Download the floppy36.fs from somewhere like here:
> http://openbsd.secsup.org/3.6/i386/floppy36.fs and do a network
> install.  No need for anything other than a floppy and a reasonably fast
> network connection.  The entire install is only like 300MBs, which at
> 3Mb/s theoretically takes less than 15 mins.  :)  Multiply or divide
> accordingly for the size of your pipe and the speed of the mirror you
> choose, but it's still not a very long time.
>
> Aaron S. Joyner

Working it now... this is end of year keeping myself busy project for
the next two weeks.  Eventually the hope is to filter from a VPN switch
being fed from a 4.5Mb Internet link. I'm using a through-away 233MHz at
64MB system. For production I'd want something better but this is just
proof-of-concept stuff.

Think I am wasting my time and should look for something beefier now?
--
Dan Monjar