[TriLUG] XFS Recovery???

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 09:39:56 EST 2004

He probably needs to boot to single user mode and check the filesystem
using the xfs_tools.  Hopefully he has the xfstools rpm installed (I think it's
installed automatically when you create an xfs filesystem).  If so, use
/usr/bin/xfs_check to check the disk (give it the partition as the argument)
and if it finds errors, use /sbin/xfs_repair [partition] to repair the
partition.
Note that the partition should be unmounted when running xfs_repair.
If it can't be for some reason, you might try it mounted read-only, but
I'd be VERY CAREFUL about doing that.

Good luck,
Tanner