[TriLUG] IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Fri Dec 24 10:51:04 EST 2004

Christopher L Merrill <chris at webperformanceinc.com> writes:

> Never could get the APM features working to my satisfaction.  One of
> my primary justifications for having a laptop is the ability to
> eject it from the dock in the office, put it to sleep, go home, sit
> down on the couch, open the Thinkpad and pick up right where I left
> off.  Under Mandrake 9, the T23 could not do this reliably.
> Eventually, I gave up and went pack to windoze :(

Presumably this was some time ago?  I've had this going with ACPI on
my T22 with no problems ever since I switched to the 2.6 kernels
several months ago.

I would actually expect it to be smoother with later models since
their ACPI support is generally even better.

Mike
--
Tired eyes on the sunrise, waiting for the eastern glow -- Led Zeppelin