[TriLUG] Video Card Recommendation

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sun Dec 26 23:27:02 EST 2004

Trilugers,

Ok, I never cared what video card I have had for the most part, as I
never needed anything special from my video card, just basic display.
But I was very fortunate this christmas and was the recipient of a LCD
display.  Now I am thinking of replacing the Nvidia Gforce2 MX card
with something a little newer.  I would like something compatable with
FreeBSD as well as linux.  Nvidia seems to be supporting FreeBSD
natively, so that seems a plus, although I am open to ATI as well.  So
does anyone have any suggestions?  I want something with DVI.  BTW
Tom's hardware has a good article on DVI:

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041129/index.html

Thanks,

Matt