[TriLUG] Open-Source Antivirus Solutions

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Jan 4 14:02:05 EST 2005

Hi Folks,
  What's the general consensus of the list around F/OSS antivirus solutions?
I have a knee-jerk premonition that F/OSS a/v somehow doesn't provide as
strong or complete (or up-to-date) protection as a commercial package, but I
don't have any real reason to maintain that opinion..  Which is why I ask.
Is there any sense to my reservations?  Will I get as good protection on my
mission-critical servers from something like ClamAV as I would from a
package like Norton AV Corporate?

Thanks for the input!

~Brian

Brian A. Henning