[TriLUG] My Dell Laptop is extremely slow

Daniel Zhang zhang at clinicaltools.com
Wed Jan 5 09:15:12 EST 2005

Yes, I found that diagnostic CD from my basement. The result is my new
20GB harddrive failed to pass the test.  Everything works perfect when I
switch back to my original  30GB harddrive shipped with laptop. Come
on!  It only ran a couple of weeks and it failed!? What a luck!

BTW, I burned an ultimate boot cd as Jay suggested. The basic version
has many tools for different tests but there is no comprehensive testing
program like Dell diagnostic CD does. You have to run them one by one
manually.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel