[TriLUG] AutoCAD replacement for Linux

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Wed Jan 5 12:38:12 EST 2005

On 01/05/2005, johnm wrote:
> Dean Price wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend an AutoCAD replacement for Linux
>> Commercial or GPL ????
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dean Price
>> deano at price4.org
>
> I use qcad ( http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html ) for use at home.
> This is a good starting point.
>
> I'm not sure about more higher power/Autocad replacements.
> john mitchell

You might consider using RFFlow from RFF Electronics: (http://www.rff.com/)
   RFF Electronics
   PO Box 1244
   Loveland, CO 80539-1244
   Phone: 970-663-5767
   http://www.rff.com/

(careful: http://rfelectronics.com/ is a ham-radio site)

Though it is compiled for MS Windows, it runs under WINE perfectly fine.
I like for its richness of features, and many of the built-in tools.  I
use it for all my "Visio" stuff, like electronic schematics and URL-based
programming diagrams, and AutoCAD stuff like layered drawings and
dimensional view-perspective diagrams.

I have been a user of this since before Visio was ever concepted -- back
when this author programmed it in Turbo Pascal for Win-2x.  (It is now in
C++).  Any user questions, just ask me.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA