[TriLUG] OT - WinXP crashes during Gates demo

paul ppeeler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:25:47 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:16:24 -0500, Ian Meyer <ianmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I watched the video that was linked to from slashdot, and i have to
> say, it looked more to me like a hardware failure, or that M$ has made
> their software failures a lot more surreptitious. All that happened
> was it wouldn't respond to input from the remote. Was it a remote
> problem? Line of sight with the IR (lame but possible)? Was the
> reciever malfunctioning? Bad driver? but nothing so dramatic as a BSoD
> or any error messages, it just Didn't Work.
>
> oh well, it was still funny, and at least conan was there to give him
> a little grief about it
>
> ~ian

If you watch the entire video, then you do indeed see a BSOD on the
xbox when the fellow tries to do a race car demo. As far as the
remote, it may have only been the remote that was a problem. I don't
intend to re-watch it in order to find out though, as the
presentations were pretty boring. However it was funny to watch Gates
pressing and pressing the button on the remote.