[TriLUG] Server rebuild update

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 23:04:09 EST 2005

I wouldn't say that I'm an expert, but I just did a project that
included a fail-over/backup server for LDAP (used for authentication
against AD).

I simply replicate the master to a slave server (running other
processes) and then have a heart beat that checks the master. If the
master dies, then my script aliases the masters IP on the slave and then
turns on the LDAP service.  I wasn't allowed to test it, but in theory
it should work the same as all services replicated in that manner...

Jon