[TriLUG] Recommendations for digital recording software

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Jan 10 07:34:04 EST 2005

Matt Frye wrote:

>I am looking for a recommendation for software that will allow me to
>record voice for an hour or more at a time.  Informed suggestions?
>
>MPF

In recently doing lots of recording (several hours worth over a few
sessions, although total recorded audio was less than 1hr probably), I
found that Audacity suited my needs quite well.  Worked well both on my
PowerBook in the field, and my Linux desktop back at the desk at work.
I'd suggest toning down the recording quality to 8Khz audio somewhat as
David McDowell suggested.

Let us know how it turns out,
Aaron S. Joyner