[TriLUG] Recommendations for digital recording software

S. William Schulz swschulz at astrum.net
Mon Jan 10 14:32:35 EST 2005

Matt Frye wrote:

>Thanks for the info.  I'll take a look at Audacity and let everyone
>know how it goes down.  We're doing the first session this coming
>Saturday.  Incidentally, any recommendations on a decent mic for the
>same project?

I'm not sure if you've specified what the project is, but if it is
something along the lines of a podcast or similar, the most recommended
microphones seem to be the Electrovoice 635A for a less expensive
alternative, and the RE-20 for those with a bit more money.  These are
both great choices for studio spoken word-type work.