[TriLUG] CUPS and clients

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 10 21:41:56 EST 2005

I have Mac OS X clients and a Linux server using CUPS attached to a HP
LaserJet 1200 via USB.

I have the "foomatic" 1200 driver from LinuxPrinting that seems to work
just fine on the Linux box.

Should my OS X clients be set to use a "Raw" queue or should they use
the HP LaserJet 1200 driver themselves?  Some OS X websites say yes set
to RAW, others say no.  I've been seeing some funky errors on the the
printer today so I'm investigating the entire setup.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be welcome.

Greg