[TriLUG] Samba and Symlinks

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 11 10:03:49 EST 2005

Samba supports some unix extensions allowing it to deliver symlinks as
symlinks to unix extension capable clients.  If you want the symlinks to
be followed on a samba client, you should disable unix extensions on the
samba server.  Just add the line "unix extensions = no" under the global
section of your smb.conf.

Joel