[TriLUG] spamassassin config

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 11 14:24:24 EST 2005

I have been tinkering around with Spamassassin this morning.  Before I
rebuilt my server earlier this year I used to get a "report" in each
suspected SPAM e-mail that looked something like this:

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (7.30 hits, 4 required)
SPAM: NO_COST            (1.0 points)  BODY: No such thing as a free
lunch (3)
SPAM: CLICK_BELOW        (0.3 points)  BODY: Asks you to click below
SPAM: ACCOUNT_CLICK      (0.1 points)  BODY: Click to perform an action
on an account
SPAM: EXCUSE_16          (0.1 points)  BODY: I wonder how many emails
they sent in error...
SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_21_34  (1.9 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 21
to 34 (high)
SPAM:                    [score: 23]
SPAM: HTML_FONT_COLOR_YELLOW (0.4 points)  BODY: HTML font color is
yellow
SPAM: BIG_FONT           (0.3 points)  BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3
and up
SPAM: CLICK_HERE_LINK    (0.3 points)  BODY: Tells you to click on a URL
SPAM: MIME_HTML_NO_CHARSET (0.7 points)  RAW: Message text in HTML
without specified charset
SPAM: RCVD_IN_ORBS       (2.2 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in
orbs.dorkslayers.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
235.6.94.130.orbs.dorkslayers.com.]
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results

Now I get no such report - just the subject line of my e-mail is
rewritten with [SPAM] and that's it.  I thought the secret was
"rewrite_body 1" in spamassassin's local.cf but that wasn't it.  Any
ideas on how to get this back?

...back to google..

Greg