[TriLUG] Recommendations for digital recording software

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:02:30 EST 2005

Wow, This thread has come full circle.  It started talking about 8-bit 8
kHz mono audio, went up to high end recording, and now it's back down to
  using a simple sound card mic input.  If that's all you've got to work
with, a simple Logitech or Labtec microphone will work acceptably.
They're about $10 to $20 at most computer shops.  What kind of price
range are you looking at anyway?  You can rent equipment if you want
high quality and don't want to purchase it too.  What you want to do
depends so much on how good you want it to be and how much you're
willing to pay for it.

Joel