[TriLUG] Roadrunner Port Blocking issues / tech support hilarity

erik at underhanded.org erik at underhanded.org
Tue Jan 11 20:20:53 EST 2005

A friend of mine who lives in Durham recently was telling me about a
tech support rant he had posted on his site when dealing with Roadrunner
Techs ( http://www.thefirsturl.com/ ).

While he can use Instant messaging programs, and do most web browsing
(along with some https sites I had him check), he can't access certain
ones that he could before.  Just random outages.  And while talking to
him, apparently his IP address ends in .255, which doesn't sound kosher
to me.

Anyway, was curious to know if others have come across port blocking
issues, and thought the following comment was funny when taken out of
context:

"No, we do not support networking" (On the internet!) :)