[TriLUG] Roadrunner Port Blocking issues / tech support hilarity

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Tue Jan 11 21:00:43 EST 2005

I change my IP address at will by changing my MAC address of my router, turning off the
router and firewall for about a couple of minutes, then powering up the modem then the
router.  This works if your router allows you to change your MAC address.

The driver configuration of some network cards allow you to specify a MAC address as well.
If the person doesn't have a router, then fiddling with the MAC address of the network card
and following the procedure above would give you a new IP address.

Thanks,

Jeff G.

--
Law of Procrastination:
         Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has