[TriLUG] Roadrunner Port Blocking issues / tech support hilar ity

David Rasch rasch at raschnet.com
Wed Jan 12 07:45:45 EST 2005

Ah, but the typical setup is that your mac address is only used between
your NIC/Router/whatever and the cable modem itself.  The cable modem
can be controlled by a separate "MAC" (not sure if this is what it's
called, but same concept) on the coax network.  All I know is that my
cable modem can still be tracked down by the TW people despite the fact
that i've changed the NIC to which it's connected.

I will take a moment to plug Earthlink as an _excellent_ alternative to
RoadRunner in this area.  I've been very satisfied with the service, AND
you get 20 hours of free dial-up access for when you're on the road!

-David