[TriLUG] Digital Cameras

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Fri Jan 14 15:36:29 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Brian McCullough wrote:

> She also wondered about possible printers to go with such a camera.
> A friend mentioned an Epson "do-everything" printer that takes the
> data from the camera, shows it on a screen, manipulates the picture
> and then prints it, all for about $100!

I can't speak for the current crop of digital cameras, but I will say that
I have a feeling printing your own pictures is too expensive.  I can't say
what the cost per 4x6 print is when you figure in ink and paper costs, but
I did see an ad on TV for a little photo printer that claims to cost about
29 cents per print.  You can get 29 cents per print from walmart and avoid
the $100 printer.

I've had very good luck so far with www.winkflash.com.  They charge 16
cents per 4x6 print and shipping is a flat fee of 99 cents.  There are a
bunch of other similar services I saw while googling around as well.

I don't know about you, but I would rather wait 2 days for 30 pics to show
up at my door than babysit a mini-photo printer :).

Pat