IBM's patent donations (was Re: [TriLUG] So did they get your quote right Jason?)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Jan 14 16:34:37 EST 2005

Jason Tower wrote:

> i'm generally just as skeptical as mike, and that's pretty much what i
> thought as well.  but i knew that if i said that, my name (and company)
> wouldn't get printed in the paper, and i like free publicity.  since i
> got quoted and mike didn't, it would appear that my assumption was
> correct :-)

Well, to be honest, I suffered a bit of geographic discrimination.  They
wanted to do some Q&A thing related to Open Source in the Sunday
newspaper.  They wanted to have a picture, though, and I wasn't
available for photos by Friday.  Added to that, I was in Boston the past
two days.

Blah, long story, but I wanted to make sure that the reason they didn't
print what I had to say didn't have anything to do with my opinions.

Mike