[TriLUG] [Fwd: Embedded linux presentation - Rob Wehrli]

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 18:13:07 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:36:11 -0500, Wing D Lizard
<wingedlizard at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> The web page said it was going to be rescheduled.

No, the web page said we would "try" to reschedule.  Not the same.
But, that aside, after getting burned by travel plans the day of several
times now, we're much less likely to do something where the
speaker flies in the day of.

> Do we have something like this scheduled for 2005?

Since then, we've had three talks on embedded linux.  We've had

* White Dwarf Linux (an embedded distro) - Nov 2003
* Linux on Linksys (also embedded linux) - Sept 2004
* m0n0wall - (embedded freebsd firewall) - Jan 2005

(for reference, the canceled presentation was supposed to be Jan 2003)

There's many other topics we can discuss, so we probably won't
have another embedded linux talk for a while.

> Maybe we can get redhat to give a talk about their embedded
> platforms & dev environment.

Well, other than we probably don't want to overwhelm our users with
"Red Hat" stuff, that would certainly be doable.  We'd most likely schedule
it for the latter half of the year since we've had a bunch of embedded talks
over the past year and a half.

Cheers,
Tanner