[TriLUG] Digital Cameras

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Sat Jan 15 16:21:02 EST 2005

Every "automatic" camera does this to some extent.  They have to
auto-focus, and handle metering to determine aperture, exposure, and for
most digitals, the iso speed.  If you know what you want, you can
manually set some of these things if your camera can handle it, but I
trust the camera to auto-focus more than me looking at a little tiny LCD
screen, so I usually let it do its job.  Auto-focus is by far the
longest of these tasks though.  The right thing to do is press the
button half-way down until the camera says it's ready.  Then press it
the rest of the way and the picture should take almost immediately.

Joel