[TriLUG] gnucash for businesses

Nathan Conrad conrad at bungled.net
Mon Jan 17 14:15:53 EST 2005

I just started trying to keep track of my finances. I'm a college
student, so my requirements are really minimal. I looked a few of the
available programs. I just found Gnucash's interface more oriented
towards businesses, and not really being that friendly. Also, it uses
GTK 1.0... I find it a bit ugly which means that I need to find a new
theme....

Anyway, I found grisbi which seems to suit my needs, although it does
have some rough edges. For example, it is difficult to get it to
forget about Euros and start using dollars. The preferences let me add
dollars but I was not able to delete euros. It looks like there is a
Windows port of Grisbi available on sourceforge.

-Nathan