[TriLUG] OT: Dell laptop model PP06-L

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Jan 17 14:45:43 EST 2005

I've never had to use any special tools to open-up and work on Dell laptops.

All you need is a set of jewler's screwdrivers...  I think most everything uses a phillips head.

You just have to be patient with the disassembly.  Most of them require you to remove the
keyboard before you can get to the last couple of screws that allow you to crack the case open.

If you're patient and keep a mental note of where all the screws go and where all of the
ribbon cables connect, you should be OK.  Take your time the first time though.  What you
think is something that is stuck and needs to be forced probably isn't -- you just haven't
found that last elusive screw to remove.

Jeff G.

--
Law of Procrastination:
         Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has