[TriLUG] squirrelmail question

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Jan 17 14:55:31 EST 2005

When you're adding them through useradd, are you providing them with a writable home
directory?  Are you using localhost as the name of your imap server, or is the imap server on
a separator machine?

Jeff G.

Greg Brown wrote:
> Here is the situation:  I can create users via useradd but these users
> cannot access squirrelmail.  I am tearing through log files, etc, but
> can't find any obvious errors.

> Greg
>

> On Jan 17, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Matt Pusateri wrote:
>
>> On Mon, January 17, 2005 2:24 pm, Greg Brown said:
>>
>>> I have been asked by a local company to take a peek at a
>>> squirrelmail/postfix system.  I have set up postfix before but not
>>> squirrelmail.  I understand that squirrelmail rides on top of imap.
>>> If
>>> I add a new user to the box in the normal fashion, useradd, how do I
>>> get that new user able to use squirrelmail?
>>>
>>> ....back to google.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>

>> There is no user setup required for squirrellmail, unless you want to
>> force certain squirellmail prefrerences(should be done at time of sm
>> install).  But that really doesn't have anything to do with IMAP.  In
>> most cases just creating the user should allow them to use
>> squirrelmail, assuming the imap server is working.  If they don't need
>> shell access, then, that is fine as well as long as they have a place
>> to store their mail like /home/user  or wherever imap is configured to
>> put their mail.
>>

>> Matt Pusateri
>>
>> --

Law of Procrastination:
         Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has
         the feeling that there is nothing important to do.