[TriLUG] random re-boots

Jeff Patterson pattersonjeff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:04:19 EST 2005

Greetings Fellow Tri-luggers!
I seem to be having a small problem of trouble shooting my desktop.
For some reason, it reboots at random during the middle of the day.
I've checked my logs and the most helpful thing I can find is:

Jan 17 09:01:00 silk CROND[1839]: (root) CMD (nice -n 19 run-parts
/etc/cron.hourly)
Jan 17 09:24:42 silk shutdown: shutting down for system reboot

I can't seem to find anything that would cause this.  I don't see any
failed login attempts and this machine is behind the firewall.  I know
the MB is a bit flakey, but I'm trying to isolate the issue before I
go out and by another MB.  BTW- I'm running MDK 9.x.  The box is a bit
old, but until recently, I haven't had any problems at all.  Thanks in
advance for any help I can get!

regards,
jeff