[TriLUG] OT: Dell laptop model PP06-L

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Tue Jan 18 07:48:16 EST 2005

I have worked on many a Dell laptop - no special tools required.  Just take
your time.  Sort / label / draw a picture as you take things apart if you
need to.  You really don't want to try and put it all back together from
memory.  In many cases, selecting a screw that "looks right" is just wrong
wrong wrong.  Don't treat this like you would treat homogenous components
from a desktop PC.  On most Dells (most laptops in general I bet) the trick
is to get the keyboard up.  Keep in mind that Laptop ribbon cables and the
like are far more delicate than on their desktop cousins, so take your time
and investigate everything twice.