[TriLUG] a repost about screen

Jason Purdy jason at journalistic.com
Thu Jan 20 13:58:32 EST 2005

I LOVE screen -- and I think it was that kuro5hin article that got me
hooked and helped me understand it.

Personally, I would never quit a session, tho ... I would just
disconnect (either unintentionally or intentionally by hitting Ctrl-a
Ctrl-d).  Then I can resume screen later on by doing a 'screen -rd' (if
I am reestablishing a disconnected session) or a 'screen -x' (if I'm on
another console and want to share the same screen session).

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to actually do a Ctrl-a,
which the shell usually lets you do to get at the beginning of a line.

- Jason