[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Jan 21 10:22:43 EST 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 10:02 am, Chris Merrill wrote:
> Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:
> > We midwesterners can't help but shake our heads whenever we hear about
> > an inch of snow gridlocking an entire city. :) Glad nobody was hurt.
>
> I'm a midwesterner...and this would have gridlocked your city, too.
> I grew up driving in Chicago

Me too. I remember the 1967 and 1979 storms in Chicago. In '79 they had almost
30 inches base accumulation, and the drifts went past second story windows.

When I got bored with snowstorms, I moved to Los Angeles, where I became
familiar with earthquakes. We were 6 blocks from the epicenter of the Richter
6.7 Northridge quake in 1994. By 1998 we were bored with earthquakes and so
moved to Orlando. This year we got to investigate hurricanes Charley, Frances
and Jeanne up close and personal.

I'm getting restless again. Maybe next we'll move to Mount St. Helens.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org