[TriLUG] gnucash for businesses

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Fri Jan 21 14:17:52 EST 2005

Not quite "running it in windows", but I did this for my mother over the
holidays so she could use gnucash.  I have a headless FC2 linux box at
her house that has an account for her on it.

Had to just add her account name to a vnc screen in
/etc/sysconfig/vncservers and add a line to start gnucash& in her
~/.vnc/xstartup script.  On her windows desktop I added an icon that
starts the vncviewer client passing the linux IP and screen number as
args.  She just has to click the icon and put in the vnc password and it
looks close enough to a normal app for her to use it.

--
Timothy A. Chagnon
Linux, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: while(1){count++;}