[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Jan 21 14:34:36 EST 2005

Ryan Wheaton wrote:
> conditions...  The thing out here in CO is that people drive 60mph
> through the snow, but when it rains traffic slows to a standstill.  too

As silly as it sounds, your snow is totally different.  I've driven
in Colorado snow - it's more like driving on deep sand.  A little
mushy, but quite navigable.  I don't know anything about meteorology,
but the same differences that makes for great skiing also makes for
easy driving.  Pack down the stuff here just a little and it quickly
becomes hard and icy.  Since my trip to Veil, I refuse to ski in the
midwest.  Just isn't the same.  So you 'Coloradoans' can wipe the
smirks off your faces...you'd have trouble driving in this, too.

p.s. That was VERY hard for me to admit - because I made fun of all
my coworkers when I transferred from Cleveland for the big deal they
make about the tiny snowfalls here.  It *really is* different.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software