[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 21 22:04:31 EST 2005

Well, I seem to remember a snowstorm back in the 1970's in Ohio which
crippled the entire state. It was so bad the Ohio National Guard had to
parachute food to almost all the farms in Ohio.  I also remember a
"little storm" in Pittsburgh (where we were living at the time) which
turned into a blizzard with no warning at all because the local weather
people didn't predict it. I was at a local mall and it took me four
hours to drive the 15 miles home. The right storm which is not
predicted (like the one we recently had) can incapacitate ANY part of
the country, esp. the midwest. -- Al Johnson