[TriLUG] Fedora 3 core, Problems with usb to Paralell port converter, usb port busy

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Tue Jan 25 21:28:03 EST 2005

I have a fedora 3 core installed on a anthalon X86 server.
Everthing works fine on the printing sided except the printer attached
to the usb port.  It is a usb to parallel port converter and this worked
on Redhat 9.0.

When I try to do a setup using /dev/usb/lp0, I get the statement that
the usb port is busy and it will be retried in 30 seconds.

a very old IBM 4019 is attached  to the printer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chip