[TriLUG] Distro Suggestion: HP Omnibook

Tommy Williams talen.quickblade at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 00:58:51 EST 2005

   Picked up a used Omnibook that I plan on using to help aid my
personal fight aginst microsoft!  Basically just something to use to
get better aquainted with linux.
   I have been using Red Hat on my desktop machines, but didnt know if
I should consider another distro for the laptop. It's only a 366Mhz,
and I do plan on running X.  I need it to interact with network pcmcia
cards (wired, and wireless network), and USB devices (thumb drives).
   Should I bother with another distro? Suggestions?

--
Tommy Williams

SETI at Home User Since:   July, 1999
Processor Time donated: 4 years, 171 days, 14 hours
Workunits returned:     3370
Average time/workunit:  11 hours, 37 minutes
(http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu)