[TriLUG] OT (but with nerd question): City Manager's report on "The Event"

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:29:35 EST 2005

Think back just a couple weeks... unexpected snow flurry which shut
this place down... many of you remember... b/c you were either stuck
in traffic, slept at work, or had kids you had to find, pick up, or
have them sleep at school.  If you weren't caught somehow, you just
got lucky.  There's 1000 kids on average, if not more, at every public
school in Wake Co.  Now count how many schools there are... I can't...
now count mother's AND father's trying to call at the same time b/c
they can't get in touch with each other to figure out who will handle
the kids and who will try to get home.

That's a lot of freakin phone calls!!  :)

David McD