[TriLUG] FC3: Wireless hostname issue

Tommy Williams talen.quickblade at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:09:56 EST 2005

the hardware:
     802.11b linksys pcmcia card
     Linksys 802.11b wireless router

the problem:
     the DHCP entry for the laptop's hostname is non-alpha characters
and does not match the hostname supplied in the network scripts for
the adapter. Still working, however the hostnames are not correct. Any
ideas?

Further, since this is my first wireless experience and hope to be
able to utilize this ability away from home, what is the easiest way
to manage wireless network settings when roaming from access point to
access point?  Can someone suggest some wireless tools?  How difficult
should all this be when I show up at a trilug meeting?

--
Tommy Williams