[TriLUG] thinking about RR Biz again.

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun Feb 6 21:18:43 EST 2005

gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

>I think it's time I made the great leap from "regular" RR to business class.  Over the years the business class offerings have changed quite a bit and I am looking for feedback regarding which kind of business class service to order.  My requirements are:
>
>1. at least one static IP Address
>2. ability to host my own complete network (DNS, web, mail, etc) from my house

Disclaimer: I no longer work for Intrex.net (1), my opinions are now in
no way colored by a paycheck, and I can safely say that they have not
changed.  :)

I don't know if you're in the BellSouth DSL phone district, but if you
are, I'd strongly suggest considering Intrex DSL over RR Business
Class.  You can get 3Mx384k DSL with equally good (if not better)
service, 5 static IPs (one static, and then a /29), all for $54.99 /
month.  If it's for a non-TriLUG related business, and you want to pay
the retail cost, it's still only $84.99.  As for the contract, there is
also a 1yr contract, but canceling early doesn't involve paying the
remaining balance, or anything close to $700.  The worst it would be is
$100, possibly less, depending on type of service and extenuating factors.

Of course, if you're not in the service area, then that's a whole
different ball of wax.  But it never hurts to mention it.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner

1. For the benefit of those who haven't heard, and might be curious - I
left Intrex.net on good terms, and have since taken a position with a
different company.