[TriLUG] CUPS grrrrrr....... CUPS!!!!!!!! (picture kirk screaming Kahn)

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 7 12:40:45 EST 2005

nope, ghostscript didn't seem to be the problem.  I finally got so sick
of being unable to print that I just reconfigured CUPS on my Mac OS X
laptop so I could add the printer manually. Now it works fine.

When I get a few things done around here today I'll try to get the
shared printer working again and, if I do fix it, I will post what I
did, and how.

For now, if you have a Mac OS X client and you want a cupsd.conf that
will allow you to manually add printers via the web interface
(http://127.0.0.1:631) make a backup copy of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf then
put the following in a brand new emtpy /etc/cups/cupds.conf then
restart cups or reboot:

ServerName 127.0.0.1
LogLevel info
MaxCopies 10000