[TriLUG] thinking about RR Biz again.

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Mon Feb 7 16:41:00 EST 2005

Mike Johnson wrote:
> Business class at $90/month does -not- get you a static IP address.

It does, now.  Maybe it's only for special customers ;)

 > I paid $130/month for a static IP with RR Biz and I never met anyone who
 > managed a better deal (plenty paid more for less.

Now you have.  We have one right now.  Our plan is $90/mo.  It went
down from $100 (added the static IP) when we moved our office and
signed a new 1-yr contract in December.

> again, I can beat that price by using a colo.  $40-$45/month for RR +
> $80/month for colo (which is what I pay) comes to less than $130/month.

$80/mo is closer to what I was seeing, too.  Also, the $80/mo price
colo is probably for a 1u rack-mount unit, right?  Rack-mounts are not
cheap, so if the OP has a tower server, then factor in the cost of a
new server, too.  So TWC remains cheaper, assuming bandwidth is not
an issue (such as hosting a personal site).

Of course, this is all moot for me, since I use DynDNS and host on
the residential RR plan for $45/mo.  But our business would probably
jump on a chance to co-lo a tower server for $45/mo.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software